Wednesday, February 20, 2013

February 20, 2013



Matthew 7:24-27
Jesus said, “These words I speak to you are not incidental additions to your life, homeowner improvements to your standard of living. They are foundational words, words to build a life on. If you work these words into your life, you are like a smart carpenter who built his house on solid rock. Rain poured down, the river flooded, a tornado hit—but nothing moved that house. It was fixed to the rock.  But if you just use my words in Bible studies and don’t work them into your life, you are like a stupid carpenter who built his house on the sandy beach. When a storm rolled in and the waves came up, it collapsed like a house of cards.”

Reflection questions: How have you seen people use words from the Bible in superficial ways?  Have you ever faced a difficult situation?  What helped you get through it?


To add a comment, click below where it says "no comments" or "1 comment" or however many it says currently.

3 comments:

  1. Many of our foundations arent sturdy. Int it resembles a relationship.. I dont recall a time where ive used the bible in superficial ways. But I have faced many diffcult situations. Mostnof them involved me making decisions and choices that affected my way of life. .. I think what helped me out of those situations were the people. I was surrounded with love and support for whatever decision I would have made. That helps plenty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a little envious of people like you who've grown up with a firm foundation in the church. I think it does help get through the tough times. I didn’t grow up in a religious family, so it took me a long time to develop that foundation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are able to see more because you didnt grow up in kind it.

    ReplyDelete